Thursday, January 29, 2009

Astoria OR to Forks WA June 15







After crossing the Columbia River we entered Washington at Chinook. The scenery on this portion of US 101 is unremarkable with only short glimpses of the shoreline. Stopped in South Bend, a quaint fishing village and had coffee and muffins (terrific!!!) at the local bakery which I cannot remember the name of. We took the WA 105 loop through Grayland and were not impressed. Back on US 101 we rode up to Forks with plans to visit the Hoh Rainforest in the morning. Checked in to the Pacific Inn Motel (nice,clean, reasonable)and had dinner at the Inn Place which was on the premises.
Let me preface my next comment by stating that it is my nature to tell it like it is. I wish to pass on my experiences to other riders in the hope that it will be of help to them should they plan a ride through the areas I have visited. This trip was not all "peaches and cream" and any not so good(in my experience) venues, lodging, restaurants etc. will be reported here as I experienced it.That being said, we dined at the Inn Place and found the server very nice and the food very bad. Small portions, big prices, unimaginative cooking(translate that=no taste). It stunk! Big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment